Cognitive Wellness Programme
Samvedna's Cognitive Wellness Program is a well-structured therapy for the engagement of elderly. It combines a wide range of activities that are known to provide mental and physical stimulation. Such mental activity on a regular basis is known to slow down the progression of dementia.
CWP is based on Cognitive Stimulation Therapy (CST), which an internationally recognised therapy. At Samvedna, we have made our own modules that are modified to suit the Indian cultural context.
Research shows that such therapies do show an improvement in cognition, language and visuospatial skills. More importantly is a fun way for the elderly to improve their happiness levels and enjoy a better quality of life.
We can see the positive effect of our program as the elderly are happier and are able to communicate with more ease. We have noticed that they form friendship and relationships in this opportunity of socializing. Sometimes, we also observe improvements in their orientation and short term memory.
Gurgaon: G-7 Oriental Villas, Sushant Lok III, Sector 57, Gurgaon
New Delhi: C-13 Anand Niketan, New Delhi
Who is it for?
CWP is suitable for individuals with:
- Mild to Moderate Dementia
- Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Cognitive decline due to other reasons
Features of CWP
- Encourages socialization, which also helps provide benefits to the participants
- Leads to significant improvements in quality of life
- Conducted by two trained psychologists / gerontologists
- Involves themed sessions that provide mental and physical stimulation
- Active engagement in an environment that is optimal for learning
- supportive and non-threatening environment
- Provides the social benefits of group interactions
- Well-structured, planned and recorded intervention
The timings for this service are Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 11AM-1PM and the monthly fee is Rs 6000.
Please write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 98184 21446/ 124 4229659 to know more.