We at Samvedna have over 20,000 hours of dementia care experience, gained over the past 3 years. We understand the challenges faced by families with loved ones with this disorder. We have worked with people suffering from Vascular Dementia, Fronto Temporal, Alzheimer and Parkinson’s. We know that the most important aspect of professional dementia care, across the spectrum, is compassionate and quality intellectual care.
Our trained Care Specialists are dedicated to providing the highest quality care to people braving Dementia. Based on personal interaction, our Care Specialists plan the sessions with the aim of keeping the mind of elderly stimulated and engaged.
The sessions are designed depending on the stage of Dementia and individual needs of each patient. Our Care Specialist design and track the progress of the sessions through care plans which includes different dementia intervention activities. The care plans are reviewed and discussed within our team of Care Specialists and Care Managers.
These are the activities of a Dementia Care Intervention service plan:
- Mind Stimulation: Activities are targeted to stimulate different areas of the brain like memory games, word games and attention span improving games.
- Physical exercise: Motor coordination exercise, breathing exercise, muscle relaxation, dance therapy etc. helps keep the mind alert and active.
- Reminiscence: A major part of dementia care is to reorient the patient to time, place and person. Making family tree, labeling pictures of family members, sharing old memories reduces confusions and anxiety.
- Social Outings: Outing to a coffee shop or mall makes them feel connected and refreshed.
- Monthly doctor visit
In addition to the above, we also have on-call services for
- Respite Care - Caregiving can be a rewarding but at the same demanding responsibility. We step in to temporarily relieve caregivers so they can take time out for themselves for errands, appointments or simply to unwind.
- Emergency Care - There could be times when you may not be available at hand at the time of an emergency, like a fall, sudden illness or unplanned travel. In such situations we are one phone call away, ready to take charge and step into action.
- Doctor/ Physiotherapist on call
Know more about our services and plans here
Please get in touch with us on 9818421446 for more information.